In 1954 Father Thomas Larkin (Bishop 2006+) launched the foundation for what is now a legacy parish in Jacksonville, FL. Christ the King Catholic Parish began with the celebration of Mass on the campus of Jacksonville University with a congregation of 125 members.
In June, 1955, groundbreaking ceremonies on our permanent grounds propelled the parish and school on its meteoric ascendancy to its status as a National model Stewardship parish and a National Blue Ribbon Elementary institution of academic excellence.
In the 56 years hence, Christ the King Parish and School have served countless families and the community at large as a beacon for the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. Currently there are over 1800 registered families actively participating in over 30 ministries at Christ the King representing the gifts of numerous ethnic cultures, including North and South America, Southeast Asia, the Philippines, Haiti, and Africa, among others.
ALL ARE WELCOME!